My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

V3: Will 'get' and 'getGoogleUpdated' ever return different Location data?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the V3 version of the API, accouts.locations has these two methods

- get

- getGoogleUpdated

getGoogleUpdated has a diffmask string listing the fields that Google has updated, but they both return a full Location object. Will the Location returned by 'getGoogleUpdated' ever be different than the one returned by 'get'.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: V3: Will 'get' and 'getGoogleUpdated' ever return different Location data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'll pose the same question for the 'list' operation. Will the Location objects returned by 'list' ever differ from the objects returned by 'getGoogleUpdated'?

Re: V3: Will 'get' and 'getGoogleUpdated' ever return different Location data?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @Tyler S,

When you send a GET request to the :googleUpdated endpoint via the Google My Business API to retrieve the Google updated version of a specified location, the returned diffMask field value is present and the returned Location object is different from the Location object you retrieve by sending a GET request to get this specified location only if the isGoogleUpdated boolean field value of the LocationState object is true for this location. The isGoogleUpdated boolean field value of the LocationState object is true for a location when you have Google updates for this location that need to be reviewed.

This process is the same when you send a GET request to list the locations for the specified account. The returned specific location in a list only differs from this location returned from the :googleUpdated endpoint if the isGoogleUpdated boolean field value of the LocationState object is true for this location.

Thanks, 

Terry