My Business
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Using GMB PHP API & OAUTH2 to retrieve multiple location data.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to develop a simple application that will list all a users location data in a google map (Map pins. labels etc)  what seemed to be the first logical step was to use the GMB PHP API to retrieve all the data I need to place map pins, set labels directions (using the Google maps javascript api) etc.  

First problem is that the project has not been whitelisted yet,  so I can't even begin testing code...  no sandbox seems to be available. 

Second is my tentative grasp on the OAUTH2 process - I have it connecting and trying to authenticate, I can 'select an account' to use to authenticate, but I get a scope error (because the project isn't white listed)    My understanding was (from one of the many many docs I've read) is that the application would only have to authenticate once, but I'm not seeing that.  I assumed I would have to use a service account , but there was another doc that said not to do that!   So right now I am pretty confused on how to correctly authenticate my application to use the GMB (PHP) API.    The application will never write/modify data in the GBM account - just retrieve data. 

I would appreciate some guidance on how to properly authenticate my application so that users don't have to log in or agree to anything.  That and if there is a way to fast track the whitelisting process - I cannot wait up to 2 weeks to get authorized! 

-thanks

-sean

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using GMB PHP API & OAUTH2 to retrieve multiple location data.

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Sean K,

Thank you for submitting the Google My Business API access request form. We are still reviewing your application and will follow up with your company after we’ve completed our review.

Please note, if you are building a service account application, a one-time user consent is required for a service account to be able to access the Google My Business account and location data on behalf of a particular end user. The end users will have to log in with their Google Accounts to manually authorize the application during the OAuth 2.0 installed applications flow. I suggest you please check out this Accepted Solution for setting up a service account application.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks (I have reviewed that Accepted solution previously) Also - please advise me as to WHICH contact email you send the follow up to, I am the developer & ~should~ be set up on the company Gsuite account as an admin ... the primary admin on the domain is very unresponsive with email & it can take her several days to respond (if at all) 

If you send information to her, please advise me that you sent something (VIA PM?) so that I can call her and advise her how to follow up. 

-thanks

-sean

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry - this was me signed in under the client's account: 

"

Thanks (I have reviewed that Accepted solution previously) Also - please advise me as to WHICH contact email you send the follow up to, I am the developer & ~should~ be set up on the company Gsuite account as an admin ... the primary admin on the domain is very unresponsive with email & it can take her several days to respond (if at all) 

If you send information to her, please advise me that you sent something (VIA PM?) so that I can call her and advise her how to follow up. 

-thanks

-sean

"

If you could advise us both of the follow up. 

-thanks again

-sean

Re: Using GMB PHP API & OAUTH2 to retrieve multiple location data.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Lauren G,

We sent an email to your company (the email address that you mentioned in your access request form) regarding the review outcome of your Google My Business API Application.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

got it - thank you.