For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Use API to create Google Places' pages for our clientes

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I want to know if it's possible to use Google's API to create new locations in Google Places, one for each new client we launch. We thought of using the API because the volume of clients is high and we would integrate the creation process to our internal platform.

Does anyone know it it's possible and how? Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Use API to create Google Places' pages for our clientes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Federico H

Please check out 

Google My Business API | Google Developers

Re: Use API to create Google Places' pages for our clientes

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @Federico H,

Yes, you can use the Google My Business API to create and edit locations in Google My Business. You should verify your local business listings on Google through the Google My Business UI so they can appear to customers on Google Maps, Search, and other Google properties.

If you are referring to the Google Places API, the places it provides are from the same database as Google Maps and Google+. Therefore, if you verify your Google My Business listings, you can presumably search for and retrieve rich information about these local business listings you have verified via the Google Places API. Please note that changes to the business information in Google My Business may be reviewed for quality before being published and may take up to 3 days to go live. Please direct the questions that you have for the Google Places API to its Support Options for Google Places API Web Service page.

We are currently only targeting tech-savvy chains and third parties which manage Google My Business data for access to the Google My Business API. Applicants must also meet minimum feature requirements and product guidelines. Please check out the Prerequisites page of our Google Developers site to learn more about requesting access to the API.

Thanks,

Terry