My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Total Reviews are no longer getting in Google Places API, and Method Not Found in Google My Business

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since May 25, 2016, Total reviews count are not getting in Google Places API. After doing homework in fixing this issue, I came to know that Google My Business API is the suggested solution.

When I tried Google My Business API and make a request on Https as described in their Get Started Guides.

I got the following message on OAuth 2.0 Playground

Error Message from OAuth 2.0 Playground

If there is an alternative solution to get Total Reviews Count Kindly share your knowledge.

As i already have spend atleast 4 days for this issue.

P.S. we already submit form for whitelisting of our project. And Google My Business API is enabled in project apis

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Total Reviews are no longer getting in Google Places API, and Method Not Found in Google My Busi

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Was B,

The Google My Business API is for businesses owners or authorized representatives who manage verified business data using Google My Business accounts. Access to the API is granted via whitelisting to businesses that meet minimum application feature requirements and product guidelines.

The Google My Business API is not a workaround to retrieve the total review count that you were once able to retrieve using the Places API.

Hope this helps clarify the use of the Google My Business API.

The Google My Business API team

Total Reviews are no longer getting in Google Places API, and Method Not Found in Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm also looking for a workaround to get total review count. What is the suggested workaround if it's not the My Business API?

Thanks,

Brad

Re: Total Reviews are no longer getting in Google Places API, and Method Not Found in Google My Busi

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @brad e,

We suggest you use the Google Places API instead to retrieve read-only comprehensive information about the indicated place such as its complete address, phone number, user rating and reviews.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can you please let me know how to show total numbers of reviews by Placeid or reference using google places API?

Thanks,

Rohit

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Rohit K,

The question you brought up is related to the Google Places API, which is separate from the Google My Business API. If you have any question about the Google Places API, I suggest you consult with the Google Places API support team.

Thanks,

Shalini, the Google My Business API team