AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

The API doesn't exist or you don't have permission to access it

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I am trying to access My Business accounts using OAuth API Key (Please check attached) and it seems not possible until I enable G+ Page / Business API. When i try to enable that API it shows "The API doesn't exist or you don't have permission to access it". I think it needs to Authorize my project to google but not Sure how to do so. Please Guide.

Thanks,

Anjan

screenshot-developers google com.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The API doesn't exist or you don't have permission to access it

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Anjan P,

API Key authentication is not supported by the Google My Business API. The Google My Business API accesses protected (non-public) data, therefore you will need an OAuth 2.0 client ID for letting your application request authorization to access your organization's location data on behalf of your app's users.

The Google My Business API is designed for developers who represent large, tech-savvy businesses and third parties. Do you have access to a whitelisted project for the Google My Business API? For more information about getting access to and using the Google My Business API, please check out the Prerequisites page of our documentation website.

Thanks, 

Terry