Support limit for GMB API V2[ Edited ]
August 2016 - last edited August 2016 by Terry W
We have been using GMB API V2 from past 3-4 months and we are still using it.
As V3 is available now, I would like to know till how long the support for V2 will be provided?
We might need a while for migrating from V2 to V3, so any other such information regarding V2 will be much appreciated.
Also, if we migrate to V3, will the below issues be solved:
1. Detailed error response for C# client library: In V2 C# client library, we never get the detailed error response on any operations performed on GMB API. We have to manually perform those operations in GMB UI or contact GMB team to know the exact error. Will V3 provide a detailed error response in case of any invalid data passed.
2. Can we get all kinds of status in V3?
3. Can we mark a location as temporarily closed using V3?
4. How hard or easy is it to migrate from V2 to V3? Any changes in functional structure or any code changes needed to use it
5. What all additional features are present in V3?
Thanks and Regards,
Re: Support limit for GMB API V2
Hi @anumula b,
We will continue to support v2 of the Google My Business API until Oct 5th 2016. Please check out the Deprecation Schedule for more details. We strongly encourage you to migrate to the newest version as soon as feasible after its release.
Here are the answers to your questions:
- Displaying detailed error messages is not currently support by the C# client library. Please follow the Make a simple HTTP request step on the Get Started page of the documentation website to learn how to use the OAuth 2.0 Playground for troubleshooting errors with detailed error messages when sending requests with data via the Google My Business API.
- You can get all the available boolean fields in the LocationState object that reflect the state of a location.
- Yes, you can mark a verified or non-verified location as “OPEN” or “CLOSED_PERMANENTLY” by setting the OpenInfo object with the according status in the Location object. Please note that all locations are open by default, unless updated to be closed.
- Please note that the format of the HTTP request including Query parameters and Request body for creating a new location or updating a location has changed for v3 of the Google My Business API. The name field of a Location object is read-only and should be omitted when creating or updating a location. The categoryId field of a Category object must be specified for modifying a category when creating or updating a location. You can find a code snippet for using the C# client library in this thread.
- Please check out the Change Log and this Topic for the new features introduced by v3 of the Google My Business API.