For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Support for new fields in filter parameter in list locations

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am interested in querying a subset of an account's listings, without knowing the location IDs. Per the API documentation, it seems the appropriate endpoint would be to use "list" and specify a value in the "filter" parameter.

https://developers.google.com/my-business/reference/rest/v3/accounts.locations/list

The fields supported by the filter parameter are outlined here:

https://developers.google.com/my-business/content/location-data#filter_results_when_listing_location...

Which includes:

• location.locationName
  • location.labels
  • location.categories (combines the primaryCategory and additionalCategories fields)
  • location_state.is_suspended
  • location_state.is_duplicate
  • location_state.is_google_updated

Unfortunately I am working with accounts where most locations have very similar or the same values for location name, labels, and categories. The main difference is the primary phone number and street address. Is there any possibility that support will be added at some point to filter by phone and/or address?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GMO G
November 2016

Re: Support for new fields in filter parameter in list locations

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @GMO G,

We are aware of your feature request for more filter fields including primary phone number and address to limit the results when listing locations. We’ll announce new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates!

A workaround is to use the value of your primaryPhone field or the address field (could be any field or the entirety of the Address object) as one of the values for the labels field, and send a GET request to list all locations with the filter query parameter forming a filter expression with restrictions for location.labels. Please note that labels are tags for your business that are NOT user facing; only you can see them; and are limited to 255 characters (per label).

Thanks,

Terry

Support for new fields in filter parameter in list locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Terry :-)