2.1K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Status "UNVERIFIED"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My agency was recently granted access to use the Google My Business API. Our intent is that we are going to manage our clients locations- and each of our clients have different brands are located all over the US.

Naturally, we followed the steps outlined in the "Get Started" documentation here:
https://developers.google.com/my-business/content/get-started

We've hit a roadblock with the following error response:

{
  "state": {
    "status": "UNVERIFIED"
  },
  "type": "PERSONAL",
  "name": "accounts/[account id]",
  "accountName": "[account name]"
}

According to the API documentation: "UNVERIFIED" is "Account that is not verified, and verification has not been requested."

Now, when we want to verify our locations with the "Different brands" options, we're told:

"You can't get verified at once to manage all of your locations if they don't share the same brand. Verify them individually on their location details page."

google.jpg

These locations are already verified individually on their locations details page.

How can I move past this "UNVERIFIED" step? Please advise.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Status "UNVERIFIED"

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Sean S,

You don’t need to verify your clients’ accounts to access their data. You can just use a single set of OAuth 2.0 credentials for access to your account and location data in each different Google Account. For separation of access to your Google My Business data in different Google Accounts, all you need to do is to generate and store a separate OAuth 2.0 access token for each Google Account that you use for managing locations in Google My Business.

For generating separate OAuth 2.0 access tokens for each Google Account, when you use your whitelisted project’s credentials to obtain an OAuth 2.0 access token for authentication via the Google My Business API, you should be logging in with your specific Google Account. When this token is provided and you are making API calls, you will be able to view and manage all the existing locations within that specific account. You should repeat this process with a single set of OAuth 2.0 credentials for your separate Google Accounts to obtain a token for each Google Account.

In addition, when using the OAuth 2.0 client ID for authorization, you should store the refresh token for future use and use the access token to access the API. Once the access token expires, the application should use the refresh token to obtain a new one. This way, your application will always be able to request a new access token when necessary. This process requires a user to manually authorize the application only once.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team