For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Spotlight: Special Hours feature in Google My Business

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

We’ve heard positive feedback from API users who took advantage of setting holiday hours and irregular hours using the specialHours object in the accounts.locations resource.

For official holidays when you've set special hours for your business, Google users will see a message letting them know that the hours they see are set specifically for the holiday. Entering special hours explicitly for official holidays even if the special hours are the same as your regular hours ensures that users know that your hours are up-to-date.

If a location doesn't provide special hours for these days on Google My Business, users on Maps and Search will be warned that the location's hours may be inaccurate.

You can also provide special hours for any days when your business has an irregular schedule, like special events. You can update these hours up to one year in advance, so there's no need to wait until, say, the week before.  If you schedule special hours, your regular hours remain in place for all other days.

To learn more about how the Special Hours feature works in general, have a look at the attached "Google My Business Hours" document.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Spotlight: Special Hours feature in Google My Business

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
If you have any additional questions around Special Hours, feel free to ask them here!

Spotlight: Special Hours feature in Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any limit to the number of special hours you can set in a given year?  Any limits on consecutive special hours?  There is definitely some interest among seasonal businesses to use special hours to indicate that they are closed for the season, but will reopen with regular hours in the future (ie: are definitely not "permanently closed"). 

Re: Spotlight: Special Hours feature in Google My Business

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Danielle L,

No, there’s no limit on setting special hours for your business locations in Google My BusinessYou can provide special hours for any days when your business has an irregular schedule, like special events. You can also update these hours up to one year in advance, so there's no need to wait until, say, the week before. If you schedule special hours, your regular hours remain in place for all other days.

Thanks,

Shalini