Guide Me
star_border

Some questions about v3 vs v2 patches

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Some Observations

IN v2 validateOnly, languageCode, and fieldMask could be added as part of the post body.

IN v3 they are query parameters added to the end of the the patch like this:

https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/99999999/locations/999999999?validateOnly=1&languageCo...

Warm Regards,

Jeremy P. McKay

RioSeo.com

San Diego, CA 92121

Cell:  619-708-1990

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Some questions about v3 vs v2 patches

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Jeremy M,

Yes, you are correct that the format of the PATCH request including Query parameters and Request body for updating a specified location has changed for v3 of the Google My Business API. This change also applies to the POST request for creating a new location and PUT request for updating a business account. What is your particular question here other than confirming this HTTP request format change for creating or updating a location and updating a business account via the API?

Thanks,

Terry

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for the validation Terry. Just wanted to make sure, I was reading the documents correctly. I have also noticed that before I was able to submit categories by name only , the new api seems to require category ID. The format for the fieldMask fields has changed also. Is there someplace I could find documentation on other changes?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Jeremy M,

Yes, the categoryId field of the Category object is mandatory and the fieldMask field for a PATCH request should have a comma-separated list of fully qualified names of fields for a Location object for v3 of the Google My Business API. All the changes for the API are reflected on our updated documentation website.

Thanks,

Terry