AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Setup C# Client library

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone - 

I am setting up GMB and I am planning to use c# client library for my developement purpose.

Can you please guide me to setup the same. I am using VS2K13 for my developement project.

I have downloaded the library but not able to open project as I am getting error that project not supported.

Regards

Manvendra

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Re: Setup C# Client library

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Manvendra P,

The following are the supported platforms for the C# client library to integrate the Google My Business API:

- .NET Framework 4 and 4.5

- Windows Store apps

- Windows Phone 8 and 8.1

- Portable Class Libraries

If you are using Microsoft Visual Studio, please make sure that you have the targeting .NET platforms including .NET Framework 4 and .NET Framework 4.5.

Please follow the below steps for opening and setting up the C# client library properly in Microsoft Visual Studio:

1. Extract the client library files and double-click on the Google.Apis.Mybusiness.v3.csproj file to open the client library project in Microsoft Visual Studio.
  2. In Solution Explorer, right-click the client library project and select “Manage NuGet Packages for Solution...”. Restore all the required NuGet packages when prompted. Right-click the solution, under “Install packages -> All”, check that you have installed the required packages including Google APIs Client Library, Google APIs Core Client Library, etc.
  3. Add a new project to the solution and set it as the StartUp Project since the library project can’t be started directly.
  4. Add the Google.Apis.Mybusiness.v3 library project as a reference to the new project in the Reference Manager.
  5. For installing a compatible version of the required package Google APIs Auth Client Library, go to Tools / NuGet Package Manager / Package Manager Console and execute the following command: Install-Package Google.Apis.Auth -Version 1.10.0
  6. Please refer to the Samples of using the Google APIs Client Library for .NET for help when implementing the OAuth 2.0 authorization.

If applying the above steps doesn’t solve your problem, please provide screenshots of the errors you encountered when opening the C# client library in Microsoft Visual Studio and we will help you troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks,

Terry

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Manvendra P,

The following are the supported platforms for the C# client library to integrate the Google My Business API:

- .NET Framework 4 and 4.5

- Windows Store apps

- Windows Phone 8 and 8.1

- Portable Class Libraries

If you are using Microsoft Visual Studio, please make sure that you have the targeting .NET platforms including .NET Framework 4 and .NET Framework 4.5.

Please follow the below steps for opening and setting up the C# client library properly in Microsoft Visual Studio:

1. Extract the client library files and double-click on the Google.Apis.Mybusiness.v3.csproj file to open the client library project in Microsoft Visual Studio.
  2. In Solution Explorer, right-click the client library project and select “Manage NuGet Packages for Solution...”. Restore all the required NuGet packages when prompted. Right-click the solution, under “Install packages -> All”, check that you have installed the required packages including Google APIs Client Library, Google APIs Core Client Library, etc.
  3. Add a new project to the solution and set it as the StartUp Project since the library project can’t be started directly.
  4. Add the Google.Apis.Mybusiness.v3 library project as a reference to the new project in the Reference Manager.
  5. For installing a compatible version of the required package Google APIs Auth Client Library, go to Tools / NuGet Package Manager / Package Manager Console and execute the following command: Install-Package Google.Apis.Auth -Version 1.10.0
  6. Please refer to the Samples of using the Google APIs Client Library for .NET for help when implementing the OAuth 2.0 authorization.

If applying the above steps doesn’t solve your problem, please provide screenshots of the errors you encountered when opening the C# client library in Microsoft Visual Studio and we will help you troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks,

Terry

Setup C# Client library

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not Working 2/21/2017

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Adeel A,

Could you please explain about the issues you are having when using C# client library in Google My Business API?

Thanks,

Shalini

Setup C# Client library

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini,

is it possible to create API Key using c# code.?

how can i create API key as well as how can i enable Google My business API.?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @sravan o,

We have answered your question in another thread. Please check out this response.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Setup C# Client library

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini,

finally i got out put with Google place Api (https://developers.google.com/places/web-service/details), right now i am getting all the details(Name,Address,Ratings and Reviews) of the page by using place id or reference Id,but i am getting only 5 reviews by using this(that page contains almost 70+ reviews),how can i get all the reviews. is it possible with Google place api?

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi @sravan o,

The Google My Business API does support getting all reviews but the question you brought up is related to the Google Places API, which is separate from the Google My Business API. If you have any question about the Google Places API, I suggest you consult with the Google Places API support team.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team