For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Set PreferredPhoto do not work

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Setting the PreferredPhoto enum to PROFILE or COVER do not make any differens in search or maps. Some random photo is shown. This have been working before. 

Example for Fitness24Seven that all locations have a profile picture set and preferred photo is set to profile.

Only the fist one is showing the correct photo the rest is showing cover or user photo

Screenshot 2016-09-22 11.40.41.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marcus O
October 2016

Re: Set PreferredPhoto do not work

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Marcus O,

I checked in our internal system that the last edit of this verified Fitness24Seven location at “Östra Fäladsgatan 2, 212 24 Malmö, Sweden” was on Sep 26 22:10:36.445. I also verified that the preferredPhoto is set correctly to “PROFILE” for this particular location. As I have mentioned in my previous post, your changes to business listings on Google may be reviewed for quality before being published and may take up to 3 days to go live. Learn more about business information guidelines

I also noticed that not all Fitness24Seven locations under your account have the preferredPhoto enum field of the Photos object set to “PROFILE”. I strongly recommend you send a PATCH request to update the preferredPhoto enum field to “PROFILE” for each of these specified verified locations that you want the profile photo to show first in Google Maps and Search.

At this point, you can either fix and report incorrect business information on Google or post your questions on the Basics for Business Owners board regarding the PreferredPhoto not being set on Google.

Thanks,

Terry

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Marcus O,

We’ve verified that the preferredPhoto enum field of the Photos object that indicates which photo for a location should be shown first in Google Maps and Search is working correctly and having the right effect.

Please make sure that your business listings are verified in Google My Business so that their business information is eligible to appear across Google, including Search and Maps. Please also note that your changes to the business information in Google My Business may be reviewed for quality before being published and may take up to 3 days to appear on Google.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

The business are verified and published. 

All locations have the same image and only the one on "Fricksgatan" is showing the profile image as you can see in the search result below. 

https://www.google.se/maps/search/fitness24seven+malm%C3%B6/@55.6084352,13.0000799,15z/data=!3m1!4b1

Thanks,

Marcus

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Marcus O,

I took a look at these locations you provided in our internal system and found that none of them has set the preferredPhoto enum field of the Photos object that indicates which photo for a location should be shown first in Google Maps and Search. Can you please double-check whether you have sent a PATCH request to update the preferredPhoto enum field for each of these specified verified locations?

Here is a sample PATCH request to update the preferredPhoto enum field to “PROFILE” for the specified location:

https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/account_name/locations/locationId?languageCode=en&fieldMask=photos.preferredPhoto&validateOnly=false

{
 "photos": {
   "preferredPhoto": "PROFILE",
 }
}

Thanks,

Terry

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

If you look at https://www.google.se/maps/place/Fitness24Seven/@55.615695,13.0384353,15z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sFitnes...

The GMB UI show that the profile picture is the preferred but it is showing the cover

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvbmizvm3d9fnet/Screenshot%202016-09-27%2007.42.01.png?dl=0

Thanks,

Marcus

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marcus O
October 2016

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Marcus O,

I checked in our internal system that the last edit of this verified Fitness24Seven location at “Östra Fäladsgatan 2, 212 24 Malmö, Sweden” was on Sep 26 22:10:36.445. I also verified that the preferredPhoto is set correctly to “PROFILE” for this particular location. As I have mentioned in my previous post, your changes to business listings on Google may be reviewed for quality before being published and may take up to 3 days to go live. Learn more about business information guidelines

I also noticed that not all Fitness24Seven locations under your account have the preferredPhoto enum field of the Photos object set to “PROFILE”. I strongly recommend you send a PATCH request to update the preferredPhoto enum field to “PROFILE” for each of these specified verified locations that you want the profile photo to show first in Google Maps and Search.

At this point, you can either fix and report incorrect business information on Google or post your questions on the Basics for Business Owners board regarding the PreferredPhoto not being set on Google.

Thanks,

Terry