My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Scope of Administrative Area's value while creating a ne location- is it mandatory or not?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

- Hi,

i was trying to create various locations in different countries using GMB API c# code.

After creating few locations, I have realized that few locations can be created without providing the Administrative Area..But for few other locations, I could not able to create a new location unless it is provided.

For eg:

A location without Administrative Area:

street: Auf Der Breiten Wiese 3,

city: Biedenkopf,

A location with Administrative area as mandatory

street: 19575 Biscayne Boulevard,

City: Aventura

State/Administrative Area: FL,

I would like to know why sometimes Administrative Area is mandatory for few locations and why is it not for the others. 

What is the scope of this field and why it gets changed(mandatory or not) and how it gets changed??

Is there any Specific rule that for few countries it is mandatory? If so, Can you kindly provide me the list

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Scope of Administrative Area's value while creating a ne location- is it mandatory or not?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

Please note that not all countries require the administrativeArea field of the Address object. You can use the address editor in the Google My Business UI to determine whether this field is appropriate for an address in a particular country.

Thanks, 

Terry

Re: Scope of Administrative Area's value while creating a ne location- is it mandatory or not?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Terry W,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Dont we have a pre-defined list of countries for which Administrative area field is mandatory or not?

I suppose GMB should have this list included in the documentation or somewhere but I could not get it. If I could get that link/reference, that would be really helpfull.

Thanks and Regards,
Bharath

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

There’s not such a list for the administrativeArea field in different countries. However, you can see the list of country-specific names for the administrativeArea field on this page in the Google My Business Help Center.

Thanks,

Terry