Guide Me
star_border

Reviews - Fake & Bad - How to remove?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

How to remove fake google my business listing?? I saw lots of fake listing on google and I inform google but still it is live. How to submit fake page link on Google??  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ALSO IS REVIEWS ON GOOGLE MY BUSINESS MEANT FOR CUSTOMER TO REVIEW A BUSINESS OR AN EX-EMPLOYEE OF A BUSINESS IS FREE TO PUT,JUST BCOZ THEY HAVE A PERSONNEL AGAINST THE BUSINESS OR OWNERS

Re: Reviews - Fake & Bad - How to remove?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @Bhupen S & @Manu H,

We suggest you please check out this article on how to flag and fix inappropriate reviews.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Google should have a way to control the reviews, many are fake and many are from previous employees or business competitors, many business are hurt this way. someone should support the businesses. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Shalini thank you for your valuable replay. Please tell me about fake google listing through Mapmaker? If you report about fake listing than everyone can see your changes reports and complain.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini:

We have the same person leaving 2 negative 1-star reviews (under different accounts, but same name) for the same incident. The first review is fine, but she left another 1-star review on a reply. I don't think someone should be able to leave multiple reviews (postive or negative) related to the same incident. When using the "flag" to dispute the review, the only options are: .

There is no field to offer an explanation for the review removal request. We chose Off-Topic for the removal reason, because it was the same issue the person left the initial negative review only the day before (and, because it looked like they used a separate account in order to leave the second negative feedback).

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

reviews can be a disaster to businesses, Google should have a way to control the users when it comes to leaving a positive or negative review, example: if the user has an account that its more then 90 days old, can leave a review, if less then 90 days the user should not be allowed to leave any reviews to anyone, if anyone agree reply.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Our Google Business listing has recently received 3 malicious negative "reviews," all left by the same person or persons=(Micro Computers). Some have no text, just a 1-star rating, and seem to be explicitly intended to harm our ranking. Some are posted under false names , Others are posted under variants of the same name. We are sure that these malicious postings are coming from a competitor with an axe to grind  but ALL of them violate Google's content policies in one way or another and not one of them is from anyone with whom we have actually done business.

Unfortunately, Google has not responded to our multiple attempts to contact them or our flagging of the reviews as inappropriate. If they do not, we may simply have to delete the listing, which we do not want to do. How best to get Google to respond? If they will not, how best to completely delete our listing along with the false, malicious, and defamatory "reviews?" (If Google will not fix even such an egregious violation of their policies and allow us to be defamed via malicious, false negative reviews, it is best just not to have a listing.)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Shalini, your reply is nonsense, Google keep on at me to spend more on Adwords but with one negative and fake review by someone I never heard, why should I.  You need a business process for dealing with fake reviews..