For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews API (nextPageToken) not working properly

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello folks! I'd like to know how to user properly the reviews pagination. I tried with some examples in the forum but when I'm paginating the reviews results (approx. 1000) the request shows null results in some cases even with more pages to come. I tried to use the sleep for each request but the problem still persists.

$listReviewsResponse = $reviews->listAccountsLocationsReviews(array("accounts/".$header['cliente']->conta_google."/locations/".$codigo_unidade_google), array('pageSize' => 100));
        $next = $listReviewsResponse->nextPageToken;

// $locationsObjects = $service->accounts_locations->listAccountsLocations($accountId);
        while ($listReviewsResponse->nextPageToken) {
            $listReviewsResponse = $reviews->listAccountsLocationsReviews(array("accounts/".$header['cliente']->conta_google."/locations/".$codigo_unidade_google), array('pageSize' => 100,'pageToken' => $listReviewsResponse->nextPageToken));
            print_r($listReviewsResponse);
            sleep(5);
        }
        exit;
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reviews API (nextPageToken) not working properly

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Marcos L,

We are aware of some failures with pageToken of the reviews.list method when fetching the list of reviews for a specified location via the Google My Business API. We will update you in this thread once the issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Has there been any update on this issue with the nextPageToken returning null results when there were more reviews available to pull?  I am experiencing that issue.  Thank you.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello folks. I'd like too to have some update regarding this issue. Thanks!

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Viz D & @Marcos L,

Our team is still looking into this issue and I'll let you know when I have update on this. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm with the same problem here.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi @Marcelo A,

We will reach out to you in a separate email thread for the location ids those are not returning all reviews.

Thanks,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great,  I already received your email. I'm returning from holidays tomorrow and I'll answer with all the details, ok? Tks. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Shalini S,

We are facing the same issue where no more than 200 reviews are being returned. Can you please provide an update?

Thanks in advance!

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi @Neeraj G,

Could you please confirm if this is an issue with any specific location or you are experiencing the this issue with your all locations?  

Thanks,