For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Review Outcome of Google My Business API Application

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are in the process of developing a cloud-based reporting platform for customers, however, after applying we received the following email message:

We are currently only granting API access to large brand companies or companies working with clients to manage their business location data. Applicants must also meet minimum feature requirements and product guidelines. You have not met our requirements at this time.

Basically we want the ability to pull ALL GMB reviews and ratings for a location, the ability to reply to reviews in our app, as well as receive alerts for new reviews.

Is it possible for NEW startups to be granted access to the API, or is it exclusive to ONLY existing vendors that have a customer base?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Are you looking for a read only api?  

The Google My Business Api is not have a read only api.  It offers teh ablilty to edit and update my business listings for business and locations you manage.

Re: Review Outcome of Google My Business API Application

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, we need to ability to edit and update, in addition to pulling reviews and ratings.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Then customers would have give you manager access to their Google My Business listing.  Then possible someone for google on this list can review you request to see why access to the Google My Business API was denied.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're aware of other platforms, offering solutions in different industries than our target market, that do not need any sort of manager access to pull reviews and receive new review alerts in their platform. That's what we're looking for.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Nick W,

We have sent you a separate email for review Outcome of your Google My Business API Application.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shalini S - are you available to send information regarding my most recent application. 

I have a similar query as Nick's. 

Kindest,

Will 

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi @Will W,

Thank you for submitting the Google My Business API access request form.

We are still reviewing your application and will follow up with your company after we’ve completed our review. Thank you for your inquiry and patience!

Thanks,

Shalini, The Google My Business API Team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shalini S - thanks for your fast response. 

I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Kindest

Will 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shalini S

I sent a message to you over 3 days now and I still haven't heard a response. 

I'd like to have further information following the email we received, declining our application. 

Please get back to me - I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kindest

Will