For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Requesting API access for multiple projects

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

We can only whitelist one project per company. This project can be used for testing and making production changes. Take care when testing the API to make sure your test data does not affect verified listings.

If you are an agency, you should only request a whitelisted project for your own company and not one for each of the clients that uses your services.

If you are a client using an agency’s services to manage your listings, you do not need to apply for API access.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Requesting API access for multiple projects

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How does this affect companies / agencies that represent more than 100 businesses? Are they limited to only manage 100 businesses via the API?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @Jon P,

If you manage ten or more locations of the same chain, you may request bulk verification, which will remove the 100-page limit for accounts. Please note that agencies managing multiple businesses are ineligible for bulk verification, and should maintain separate accounts for each business you manage.

In addition, authorized representatives must have express consent from the business owners to manage their listings. We recommend that business owners, whenever possible, create and verify their own locations and add the authorized representatives to the locations as managers. Learn more

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the prompt reply!