2.8K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Request access to the API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,  I'm developing a startup in Brazil called www.amplifique.me, that is an online reviews management tool.

I have tried to get access to the Google My Business API, and was denied, showing the following message: 
"We are currently only granting API access to large brand companies or companies working with clients to manage their business location data. Applicants must also meet minimum feature requirements and product guidelines. You have not met our requirements at this time."

We changed our business model, and now we are a Marketing Agency, and we need to manage Google My Business of our clients.

How our focus is work with reviews online, we need this API to keep developing our system.

I would like to ask if there is a way to get this access? Without this access we can't develop our tool, that is an " online reviews management tool" . We actually work with clients that work with Google My Business.

Thank you very much for your attention.
Robson Jean

robson@amplifique.me
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Request access to the API

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @robson jean p,

We suggest you use the Google Places API instead to retrieve read-only comprehensive information about the indicated place such as its complete address, phone number, user rating and reviews.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I looked the Google Places API documentation, and there sad that I just can get 5 reviews of a Place.

Have another way, to get all reviews from a Google Place/Business ?

Thanks,

Robson Jean

Re: Request access to the API

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @robson jean p,

We suggest you please find support and forward your question for the Google Places API on the Google Places API Community and Support page.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API Team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shalini S,

I looked in the Google Places community, and some users said that the only way to get the full reviews list is if you're a Premium Google Maps user or if you've the access to Google My Business API.

I know that the API is very restrict, but if was possible we just have access to get the Customers Reviews of our Clients.

We already used the Facebook Graph API to get the Pages Reviews, but Google have more reviews, and we've researched that our clients didn't know about they, because that we are trying to create a tool that make easier to owner get the reviews about their business.

We really need the access to Google My Business API, we understand that Google has the best business reviews and we're teach our clients about that.

Please, if could have some way to get that data, like i said, this is very crucial to our platform and our clients.

We really need of Google My Business API, to our platform work, We understand that Google have the best Business Reviews

Thanks,

Robson Jean Penteado - Amplifique.me

Hi, I have the very same issue. Google Places API returns...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have the very same issue.

Google Places API returns only "5 most helpful reviews" for a place, instead of the whole review set.

Apparently I need the Google My Business API access to get the whole reviews set for a given place? I have tried applying, but I was denied because my business wasn't "big enough". Trying to understand what are the prerequisites required to get the API access?

Background : my company is a sort of 'review management' software solution which lets our clients view and reply to their Google reviews. Currently we have 400 hotels on our platform, and getting the API access is extremely important to us. Kindly advise.

Re: Hi, I have the very same issue. Google Places API returns...

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi @Madhulika M,

We have sent you a separate email for more information about your company. Please reply directly to that email.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, @Shalini S

We have the same issue, we need this reviews to our costumers.. They are asking about Google Reviews, and We need to do something about this... Please... I expect a answer..

Thanks,

Robson Jean Penteado - Amplifique.me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Shalini S

I'm the CEO at Amplifique.me and @robson jean p is the developer in charge of the development of a Reviews Management SaaS for our agency. 

We have the exactly same issue as @Madhulika M, we've developing a Reviews Management software for local business in Brazil and South America (probably the first one in South America) and we need so much the access to the Google My Business API to develop ou software and offer to our clients the possibility to them to manage multiple review platforms. 

Offer Google My Business management for our clients is so critical for them and for us. 

Our access was denied saying that Google only offer access to "big companies" at the moment. But how could we turn into a big company without having the access to the Google My Business API? 

We kindly ask to know wich are the requisites to have the access to the API? 

Thank you so much for your attention. 

All my best, 

Cristiano Machado