Guide Me
star_border

Removed Attributes

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey,

As of a couple weeks ago, there were 40 attributes in the API. Now, we're only seeing the following 5 if we query all categories in the US and in English:
  • Offerings > Vegetarian options
  • Offerings > Wine
  • Offerings > Organic products
  • Dining Options > Takeout
  • Amenities > Drive-through
I was under the impression that attributes would rarely be removed. Is this a bug? 

For example, if we look at "barbeque restaurant" category, there used to be 25 available attributes, but now we only see 3. 

If we try to update the location with previously available attributes, we get a 400 error. 

Is this a bug? Are the attributes going to be added back? 

Thanks!
Liz
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Removed Attributes

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Echoing on this, we understand that attributes can be added/removed at any time which is why we poll for them, but it seems like a pretty drastic removal.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Seems they're back.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They're mostly back - there are still 10-15 missing, like "serves_breakfast". It seems like this is a pretty standard attribute and I'm surprised that this was removed.

@GMB API Team - can you confirm that these were intentionally removed?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Liz F & @Patrick L,

We are still troubleshooting the issue you reported and will follow up soon with a response. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks, 

The Google My Business API team

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Liz F & @Patrick L,

At this time, almost all of the attributes previously removed should have been restored. We ideally want to move to the model where API clients know beforehand about any attributes changes. We’ll update you if we have any additional information about attributes being removed.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Terry, appreciate it.