AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Patch the location OpenInfo

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to set the OpenInfo and I get this error:

Google_Exception
{
  "error": {
    "code": 400,
    "message": "Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"status\" at 'location.open_info.status': Proto field is not repeating, cannot start list.",
    "status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT",
    "details": [
      {
        "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.BadRequest",
        "fieldViolations": [
          {
            "field": "location.open_info.status",
            "description": "Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name \"status\" at 'location.open_info.status': Proto field is not repeating, cannot start list."
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  }
}

I instantiate a new Google_Service_Mybusiness_OpenInfo object and I use setStatus()
method to add "OPEN", Then I append this to My location object using setOpenInfo() method.

Please give me a clue,

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Patch the location OpenInfo

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Andrei C,

The following is the full HTTP request message of a PATCH request including the URI, query parameters, and the JSON payloads of request body for marking a location as “OPEN” by setting the OpenInfo object with the according status via the API:

https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/account_name/locations/locationId?languageCode=en&fieldMask=openInfo&validateOnly=false

{
 "openInfo": {
   "status": "OPEN"
 },
}

Judging from the source code you provided,  I suppose you are using the PHP client library with v1-branch of the Google API Client Library for PHP. The following is a code snippet for marking a location as “CLOSED_PERMANENTLY” by setting the OpenInfo object with the according status via the API with the PHP client library:

$name = $location->name;

$location->name = NULL;

$location = new Google_Service_Mybusiness_Location();

$openInfo = new Google_Service_Mybusiness_OpenInfo();

$openInfo->status = "CLOSED_PERMANENTLY";

$location->setOpenInfo($openInfo);

try {

$updatedlocation = $locations->patch($name, $location, array('languageCode' => 'en', 'fieldMask' => 'openInfo', 'validateOnly' => FALSE));

} catch (Exception $e) {

print "Caught exception: " . $e->getMessage() . "\n";

}

Thanks,

Terry