For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Paging through reviews for a location returns empty array before end

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When we sync new accounts into our system some have thousands of reviews on a single location. When paging through that location we generally have a page return a an empty list of reviews even though we know there are more remaining.

The API I'm referring to is this one: https://developers.google.com/my-business/reference/rest/v3/accounts.locations.reviews/list

While testing this I used a different pageSize and got different results. 200 would generally get me one or two pages in a few tests. 100 would get 4 or 5. and 10 would 57. This particular location has 1087 reviews and that total is reflected in every response from the API. I'm very confused on this one and don't know how to get more accurate results.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Paging through reviews for a location returns empty array before end

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @dev d,

We are aware of some failures with pageToken of reviews.list method when fetching the list of reviews for a specified location in Google My Business API and we are trying to fix this issue asap. We will update you in this thread once the issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

We're seeing the same issue. Any ETA on this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, we have the same issue. Would you mind giving us an ETA for this ?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Ashesh A,

Unfortunately, I don’t have any update on issue yet. Our team is still working on this and I'll let you know as soon as they have an update on this.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Okay, thanks for the reply. From what I see this issue was reported in February, so I was expecting to see some sort of feedback from the dev team. This is a very frequent issue and makes the /reviews listing endpoint more or less unusable for us.