Guide Me
star_border

Need details Description about My Business API to Integrate in iOS App

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I am interested in integrating Google My Business API in my iOS Application to get the business added by google user to show inside application and fetch a detail description about the business added by him to google. I need to fetch the business list of specific user added by him through Google authentication. Is there any Google API which can provide me, the verified business added by a user to Google? Please guide me on this so I may integrate this feature in my iOS App (HootSpot).

Thanks,

Ratneshwar Singh

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need details Description about My Business API to Integrate in iOS App

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Ratneshwar S,

We don’t currently offer an iOS-specific client library for the Google My Business API. You can try building a native app for iOS in Visual Studio by using the C# client library.

For more information about guidelines for representing your business on Google, please check out this article in the Google My Business Help Center.

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Terry W,

Thanks for your reply. We need Web APIs to fetch user specific Business list which he has added on Google. We only want to fetch Business List, and I am sure there should be APIs to fetch the business of specific Google User by Authentication as we do for gmail login to our Apps. Can you please provide some more information regarding this? My purpose is to fetch Business added by a google user and show that business in my App.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Ratneshwar S

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Ratneshwar S,

You can use the Google My Business API, which is a RESTful API that you can integrate using various programming languages, to access and manage business locations including verified business locations in Google My Business. We are targeting chains and third parties for access to the API. Please check out the Prerequisites page of our documentation website to learn about requesting access to the API, getting an OAuth 2.0 client ID for OAuth 2.0 Authorization, and REST basics.

We strongly encourage you to use the client libraries we provide when interacting with Google's OAuth 2.0 endpoints for the security implications of getting the implementation correct. Please select the appropriate client library from our supported client libraries including Java, C# and PHP for the specific platform that you are developing your application on. General Google API Client Libraries also include Python, Ruby, JavaScript and Objective-C, etc. However, support should be directed to the Support page or Discussion group for the specific Google API Client Library.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Terry, we are working on this and let you know if we shall have any concern regarding this. Thanks again for all your help.

Ratneshwar,
iOS App Developer