star_border
Highlighted

My Business API create locations

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I have a lists with about 700 locations of my client and i will create them in google maps  with My Business API.

But some of them already exist in google maps and are unverified, what will happen if i create them form the API?

Thanks a lot!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Business API create locations

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @ACS C,

When you create a location via the Google My Business UI or API, you must verify your business listing to manage your business information on Google Maps, Search, and other Google properties.

Please note, you need claim a Google My Business listing before you can start the verification process.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini!

I'm sorry for the late reply!

Maybe i made a not clear question

I want to create all the 700 locations i have via api without checking if already exists.

If my code tries to create a location that already exists and is unverified,

will the existing location be affected or replaced?

Do i need to do something before i start using the api?

Thanks a lot!

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @ACS C,  

You can use the Google My Business API with data parsed from the exported CSV file to manage your bulk locations in Google My Business. Please see the help center article for a detailed description of location fields, and the category list for a list of valid business categories.

About location management please follow the following link:- https://developers.google.com/my-business/content/location-data

Best Regards,

The Google My Business API team