My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Migrating Images, Locations and Reviews Data from Google Places to Google My Business using GMB API

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have an old Google Places account and now we are using Google My Business account which is managed using GMB API. We have created some of same locations (duplicate) in new GMB account but its Pending Review from past 4-5 days. How can we migrate Images, Locations and Reviews Data from Google Places account to Google My Business account using GMB API?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Deependra

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Migrating Images, Locations and Reviews Data from Google Places to Google My Business using GMB

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Deependra P,

If you previously used Google Places for Business or Google+ Pages Dashboard to manage your business information, your account has been automatically upgraded to Google My Business.

Please send requests via the Google My Business API to upload your Location and Review Data to your Google My Business account if previous data were not automatically transferred to the new system.

During location verification, you should follow these steps if you find that someone else verified your business in a different Google Account.

You should learn to understand your listing status and fix specific errors that you may see in your dashboard and activate your listing (e.g. remove duplicate locations in your account, resolve ownership conflicts).

You can post your questions on the Basics for Business Owners board for more help in verifying your pending edits and fixing business information discrepancies on Google.

Thanks,

Terry

Migrating Images, Locations and Reviews Data from Google Places to Google My Business using GMB API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the reply. How can I verify the old Google Places account is upgraded to GMB? So instead of creating new account, I would use the existing one to make updates via GMB API. But when I try to get data from old account with GMB API it gave me error "Unauthorized client or scope in request"

I'm using the following scope to work with GMB accounts and same Authorization works for all other old and new GMB accounts. 

https://www.googleapis.com/auth/plus.business.manage 

Could you please advise for the same?

Thanks,

Deependra

Re: Migrating Images, Locations and Reviews Data from Google Places to Google My Business using GMB

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Deependra P,

Please apply the following steps to ensure that you have requested user consent for the Google Account that used to be for Google Places for Business before upgraded to Google My Business:

I suggest you read through the Accepted Solution for using a single set of OAuth 2.0 credentials for separate Google Accounts.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you run into any more problems.

Thanks,

Terry

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your reply. 

FYI we are using service account for authenticating and its been working fine for other Google My Business accounts except this migrated account. I'm using couple of gmail IDs of manager of accounts to pass as UserToImpersonate. But when I used gmail ID of the migrated account as UserToImpersonate I got Unauthorized client or scope in request error. 

I also noticed the view is also different for Google My Business accounts and this old Places account so not sure how I can validate or view any issues. 

Project ID : < Text has been removed to protect private information >

Please let me know if you need more details or old account name/id.

Regards,

Deependra

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Deependra P,

We’ll reach out to you privately in a separate email thread regarding your issue with the Google Places for Business account for using the Google My Business API.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team