Guide Me
star_border

Manipulate stores with multi language data

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Our customer has multilingual datasets for each store. Does MyBusiness API v3 have option to manipulate stores/locations with multilingual data?

If not, could you please let us know if there are any plans to provide multilingual support feature in the next releases?

Best regards,

Hagu

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Manipulate stores with multi language data

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Haguen T,

Google My Business is multi-regional and multilingual. Therefore, the Google My Business API supports business information in different languages. Please supply the correct languageCode for the language of the location when you create or update a location. Please also make sure that the unicode conversion is correct.

Thanks,

Terry

Manipulate stores with multi language data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Terry,

Thank you very much. Let me clarify the original question.

Is it possible to create several sets of information with different languageCodes for the same location?

For example, at first we create Japanese data for a location A. Then we create English data for the same location A. Will the latter data overwrite the former data? Or both of them will be available?

Best regards,

Hagu

Re: Manipulate stores with multi language data

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Haguen T,

No, it’s not possible to create several sets of business information with different languageCodes for the same location. Once you verify your local business listing on Google, the verified and last edited version of the specified location with assigned language according to the languageCode may be reviewed for quality before being published on Google. You can then change Google Account language, change your Search language on Google, or change Google Maps languages or domains to see your published location in a country’s local language.

Thanks,

Terry