AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Managing shops in shops

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Google team member,

I am using Google My Business to write an application for one of our customers. The application takes data coming from their own systems, transforms it to Google My Business Location instances, and uses these to manage Google My Business.

My problem is that some of their shops are located in other shops. When you look in Google Maps, you see for example:

Rituals

Cosmetics Store

Amsterdam Zuid Station, Spoorslag 13, 1082 MM, Amsterdam

Located in: Amsterdam Zuid Station

Is this "Located in" field manageable through the Google My Business API, or does Google fill it for us? What possibilities do we have to control the "located in" information that is shown?

With kind regards,

Martijn Dirkse

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Martijn D
September 2016

Re: Managing shops in shops

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @Martijn D,

I checked in our internal system that the “Located in” field on Maps is not a part of any fields of the Address object for a location, is therefore not manageable via the Google My Business API.

You can fix and report incorrect business information on Google if you find any data discrepancies between your business listings and the business information on Google. You can also post your questions on the Basics for Business Owners board for more help in fixing business information discrepancies on Google.

Thanks,

Terry

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Martijn D

Hopefully an API Googler see's this and jumps in. However even for regular businesses they cannot select this or annotate for this. They have to contact business support who can do this.

So if business support has to do this for a regular business, I'm guessing that once your listings are live and verified, you create a list and send it to bulk location support.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Martijn D
September 2016

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @Martijn D,

I checked in our internal system that the “Located in” field on Maps is not a part of any fields of the Address object for a location, is therefore not manageable via the Google My Business API.

You can fix and report incorrect business information on Google if you find any data discrepancies between your business listings and the business information on Google. You can also post your questions on the Basics for Business Owners board for more help in fixing business information discrepancies on Google.

Thanks,

Terry

Managing shops in shops

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Terry,

Thank you.

With kind regards,

Martijn Dirkse