Guide Me
star_border

Lock GMB information of a location / Discard public modification requests

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

Is it possible to discard with the API, the modifications requested by external users ?

Best,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Lock GMB information of a location / Discard public modification requests

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Benoit C,

No, you can’t entirely discard Google-updated information. However, you can override the Google updated version of the specified location by making further edits to the location with a PATCH API call via the Google My Business API. Please make sure the updated business information you provide is accurate and up-to-date.

Thanks,

Terry

Lock GMB information of a location / Discard public modification requests

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Terry,

by "making further edits" you mean "making edits to fields which are not googleUpdated, right? My experience is that it is impossible to change fields via Api, that are affected by Google-Updates. You cant change to the old value, you cant change to a different value. All you can do is "Accept" by patch to the value of the Google-Update. By that you at least get rid of the diffMask in Google updated version of the specified location. Can you confirm?

Kind regards, Frank

Re: Lock GMB information of a location / Discard public modification requests

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Frank K,

Yes, you can override the Google updated version of the specified location by making further edits to the location with a PATCH API call via the Google My Business API. Please make sure the updated business information you provide is accurate.

Please note that changes to the business information in the Google My Business may be reviewed for quality before being published and may take some days to go live.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team