star_border

Locality/Sublocality is not returned calling locations.getGoogleUpdated

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I'm calling the location:googleUpdated

(https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/[...]/locations/18150184499011746942:googleUpdated?acc...[...] ) api for some locations, like:
1) "pageId": "18150184499011746942"
2) "pageId": "13961698114242075995"
3) ...

but in the response the field address.locality or address.sublocality is not there anymore, any hints?

Thank you in advance,
Primo.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Locality/Sublocality is not returned calling locations.getGoogleUpdated

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Primo M,

The :googleUpdated endpoint that gets the Google updated version of the specified location functions the same as the regular GET request endpoint that gets the specified location if there are currently no Google updates for this specified location as indicated by the isGoogleUpdated boolean field of the LocationState object. You should check whether the diffMask of the :googleUpdated endpoint exists and contains address.locality or address.subLocality; if so, you can accept, discard, or edit the Google updates for a listing through the Google My Business UI. You can also override the Google updated version of the specified location by making further edits to the location with a PATCH API call via the Google My Business API. Please make sure the updated business information you provide is accurate and up-to-date.

Address formats can vary widely by country, so all fields including locality and subLocality may not be required for every location. You’ll be notified in your dashboard (UI) if you need to correct any fields that are missing required information, or contain information that is not allowed for that country. Learn more

If you find any address and other discrepancies between your business locations and the business information on Google, you can follow instructions in this article to fix incorrect business information on Google. You can also post your questions regarding business information discrepancies on Google on the Basics for Business Owners board for more help.

Thanks,

Terry

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Terry,

First of all ty for the answer, but i'm not sure i'm getting it properly:

if i call the GET with :googleUpdated param i have this back:
{
"location": {
"name": "accounts/*/locations/18150184499011746942",
[...]
"address": {
"addressLines": [
"XYZ 123"
],
"country": "DE",
"postalCode": "50823"
},
[...]
"locationState": {
"isGoogleUpdated": true,
"canUpdate": true,
"canDelete": true,
"isVerified": true
},
"attributes": [
{
"attributeId": "sells_organic_products",
"valueType": "BOOL",
"values": [
true
]
}
],
"metadata": {}
},
"diffMask": "attributes"
}

If i use the simple GET i have:

{
"name": "accounts/*/locations/18150184499011746942",
[...]
"address": {
"addressLines": [
"XYZ 123" (same address and no.)
],
"locality": "Köln", (here i have the locality that disappeared into the :googleUpdate version)
"country": "DE", (same)
"postalCode": "50823" (same)
},
[...]
"locationState": {
"isGoogleUpdated": true,
"canUpdate": true,
"canDelete": true,
"isVerified": true
},
"metadata": {}
}

the DiffMask contains only "attributes" but the address."locality" field is gone, if it was removed by google shouldn't it be in the diffmask?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Primo M,

If address.locality or address.subLocality is not in the diffMask when you send the GET request to the :googleUpdated endpoint, then you shouldn’t be concerned because your live data for the locality or subLocality field of your location on Maps should not have been updated. Please let me know if this is not the case. We will keep a note for your scenario in future improvements.

Thanks,

Terry