Guide Me
star_border

Limit of Calls to the API

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

This is Nico, product manager at Seemba. A mobile platform to solve business basic needs in emerging economies. 

We are planning to use GMB API to categorize our businesses. Whenever a user signs up, we request certain information, including their business type. I wanted to know if we could use GMB API for an autocomplete input field in our application and, in that case, which would be the limit to the API calls and if we could increase it once we scale operations.

Thanks!
Nico

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Limit of Calls to the API

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Nico G,

The Google Places API supports retrieving read-only comprehensive information about the indicated place such as its complete address, phone number, user rating and reviews and sounds like it would be a much better solution for your use case. The Google My Business API, on the other hand, is only for large brand companies or companies working with clients to manage their business location data.

Please let us know if you have any more questions about the Google My Business API.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Limit of Calls to the API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini! 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I was checking the Google Places API but I couldn't find the category list feature that I need. However, in the GMB API, there is a category list that can be used (link). Is it ok if we use it? 

Thanks!

Nico

Re: Limit of Calls to the API

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Nico G,

We are not currently granting access to the Google My Business API solely for access to the Category List feature. Please note, we are currently only targeting tech-savvy chains and third parties which manage Google My Business data for access to the API. Applicants must also meet minimum feature requirements and product guidelines.

Please let us know if you have any other questions about the Google My Business API.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team