My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Java: My business API review comments mismatch mostly for locations with reviews > 200

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

We are trying to hit google my business API 5 requests per second. When we are doing this we are getting reviews count mismatch for most of the locations.

Few metrics:

Number of jobs created per day: 40k (approx)

Average number of API requests per job: min 3 - max 6 or 7 (we have given 200 page size while fetching reviews)

Total mismatch percentage: around 30%

How are we calculating comment mismatch?

1 - get total reviews count for a location using

reviewResponse = reviewsListRequest.execute()
// According to google java doc this is the total reviews
totalReviewCount = reviewResponse.getTotalReviewCount()

2 - get actual reviews collected using similar method explained in https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business-API/Reviews-errors-when-accessing-locat...

now reviews count collected in one and two are not matching.

we are not sure why some requests didn't get nextPageToken even though we still have reviews(this is the case with >200 revews) ? could you please let us know why this might have occurred.

Thanks,

-Sidda Vinod Reddy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Java: My business API review comments mismatch mostly for locations with reviews > 200

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Vinod Reddy S,

We are still investigating the issue you reported and will follow up with a response shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Java: My business API review comments mismatch mostly for locations with reviews > 200

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Shalini S

Few more observations from our side,

Till now I have overlooked the calls to refresh token thinking that they might not come under 5QPS. if this is the case it would really help us if you guys can take out the requests to accounts.google.com out of 5QPS, As this is restricting us to effectively use the business API.

With 5QPS setting only we are able to call two requests per second to google my business API, As each request will, in turn, make a call to accounts.google.com to validate/refresh accesstoken.

eg: if we have 5 my business API requests. we require 2 seconds to complete them(5 requests to get access tokens, 5 actual mybusiness requests).

probably this is why we are not getting any response as we might have 6th request in that second, even though we still have reviews and facing mismatch counts.

please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

-Sidda Vinod Reddy

Re: Java: My business API review comments mismatch mostly for locations with reviews > 200

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Vinod Reddy S,

You can get the accurate total reviews count for a location using the getTotalReviewCount() method in Google My Business API. We are aware of some failures with PageToken for reviews when fetching the reviews of specified location and we are trying to fix this issue asap. We will update you in this thread once the issue has been resolved.

Since you mentioned that you exceeded the 5 queries per second (QPS) per project usage limit, please reduce the number of API requests you send to under 5 queries per second (QPS) to avoid errors. Currently we cannot take out quota limit restrictions of your project for Google My Business API.

Thanks,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@shalini

We are still facing issues with the comment mismatch. For one of our locations we have around 82 reviews, but we got only 2 reviews being fetched. This issue we face intermittently. i.e for the same job executed on consecutive days, on the first day we got only 2/82 reviews and the next day we got all the reviews 83/83. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

vinod

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Vinod Reddy S,

We are looking into this issue and trying to fix asap. Could you please provide us the specific location IDs that are having issues?

Thanks,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Shalini S

There are many locations. Here are few

accounts/108159714381023016681/locations/8882173211297613502

accounts/103997099320257892097/locations/1180321800564859350

accounts/103997099320257892097/locations/6802311623551562602

though we retried for 2 more times we didn't get all the reviews.