Guide Me
star_border

Java: Google my business Api Quotas under utilized

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

we are using google my business java client. I have dobut regarding quotas towards my business API.

We create around 40-50k jobs everyday, and this is what we will do for each job

- refreshing credentials.(we are refreshing the token for each job)
- get locations for a(given) locationId.
- get reviews for the given locationId (we are calling this with pageSize 200, suppose if we have 1000 reviews for a job we will call this for 5times).

Now if we take atleast three calls towards mybusinessAPI quota.
(1) Credential refresh - implemented "CredentialRefreshListener.java"
(2) For location fetch - mybusinessClient.accounts().locations().get(locationId).execute()
(3) For reviews Fetch - mybusinessClient.accounts().locations().reviews().list(locationId)

The quota usage has to be around 120k-150k(3 calls per job), but I see only 40k/50k in our mybusinessAPI dashboard.

NOTE: we have quota limit of 300k

Do credentials/refresh tokens constitute to mybusiness API quota?

Do locations fetch request constitute to mybusiness API quota?

Do reviews fetch request constitute to mybusiness API quota?

Am  I calculating this correctly, Do these quotas bar chart in Dashboard->google mybusiness API->Quotas reflect correct data?

Please correct me if I have misunderstood any of the above assumptions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Java: Google my business Api Quotas under utilized

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Vinod Reddy S,

Currently you have Standard access quota which allows for 10,000 edits/creates per day, and 100,000 reads per day for all activities including locations fetch request and reviews fetch request.

When you work with Location Data or Review Data using Google My Business API client libraries, each request counts towards your usage limits.

1. No, credentials/refresh tokens do not constitute to mybusiness API quota.
  2. Yes, locations fetch request constitute to mybusiness API quota.
  3. Yes, reviews fetch request constitute to mybusiness API quota.

We recommend you should use the Real-time Notifications for reviews rather than pulling all reviews every day to help use less quota.

Please check out the Usage Limits page and the rate limit restrictions on the API section in the FAQ for more information.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Shalini S

FYI we have standard access with 300,000 requests/day.
Understanding from your reply, for the above-given scenario we are scheduling 40k jobs and I'm confident that we hit at least two queries for each job
1- to fetch location
2- to fetch reviews for the fetched location

if we have 40k jobs, then I'm expecting quota usage to be 40k * 2 = 80k at least but I never saw this number in our mybusiness API dashboard.
I always see a number close to jobs scheduled i.e 40k in this case. of course, it saves our quota limits though I'm just curious what's happening with quotas.

FYI: based on this analysis we are planning to increase the number of jobs in future.

more over there is one more weird thing I'm observing is that, at the rate of 5qps why are we getting reviews mismatch, which I have posted here
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business-API/Java-My-business-API-review-comment....

Any insights into this would be helpful. Meanwhile, we instrument our code too

Re: Java: Google my business Api Quotas under utilized

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think you are reaching the wrong person. I am Shalini S for sure but
never posed these questions on the Community page.

Would be great if you could check the email address of the person you want
to reach.

Shalini
shalini@musicalinstrumentsindia.com

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I apologize for that

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Shalini S

This is what I understood, Dashboard is not showing basic access reads count(100,000). Remaining request counts are matching with our mybusiness API request calls.

i.e suppose we have 150,000 calls made then dashboard is showing only 50,000 calls.

Please correct us if we are wrong.