3.2K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Java: Authentication backend unavailable 503

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sometimes while fetching reviews using google my business java jar. I'm getting below error. what this error could mean?

/code 

com.reputation.meru.apex.job.JobExecutionException: Meru Error [ID: 4ed4c146-b08a-11e6-8415-57e59b179723, Code: 5.3, Type: JobExcecutionError, Message: Meru Error [ID: 4ed4c145-b08a-11e6-8415-57e59b179723, Code: 16.5, Type: TaskExcecutionError, Message: 503 Service Unavailable { "code" : 503, "errors" : [ { "domain" : "global", "message" : "Authentication backend unavailable.", "reason" : "backendError" } ], "message" : "Authentication backend unavailable.", "status" : "UNAVAILABLE" }

FYI: if i run with same code after some time, I'm able to fetch the reviews successfully.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Java: Authentication backend unavailable 503

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Vinod Reddy S,

This error occurs when web server is unable to handle the HTTP request due to a temporary overloading or for larger more complex requests.

In your case, you most likely exceeded the Usage Limits of 5 queries per second (QPS) per project when making the GET request to list all reviews for your account. Please try to limit your API usage to 5 queries per second (QPS) per project when sending requests to avoid the 503 Service Unavailable.

I suggest you add this additional header to your requests to enable more detailed error messages in responses when using the Java client library:

X-GOOG-API-FORMAT-VERSION: 2

Thanks,

Shalini

Java: Authentication backend unavailable 503

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shal A,

You mentioned 5QPS. could you please confirm if below would fall under this category.

1) Reply to a review?

something like this in java 

eg: 

business.accounts().locations().reviews().reply(reviewName, reviewReply).execute()

2) Deleting the reply to a review?

eg: 

business.accounts().locations().reviews().deleteReply(reviewName).execute()

And finally last question, is there a way to increase 5QPS limit??

could you please answer these too.

Thanks,

-Sidda Vinod Reddy

Re: Java: Authentication backend unavailable 503

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Vinod Reddy S,

When you update a reply to the specified review (or creates a new reply if one doesn't exist) or delete a review reply using Google My Business API client libraries, each request counts towards your usage limits. Every request should follow the usage limits to avoid service unavailable error.

Currently there is no way to increase the queries per second (QPS) usage limits. For all actions, requests should be performed at 5 queries per second (QPS) per project.

Thanks,

Shalini