Guide Me
star_border

Issue with Google My Business API

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I'm using API to send shops' informations and I have some issues. Specially with the address.

- Google Plus page : https://plus.google.com/112806031480719451233/about

- account : yvesrocher.sfc@sefaireconnaitre.com

- mains issues are about the address of the shop

The address I wish to send is ;

- Centre Cial Régional Les 3 Fontaines, 95000 Cergy

But this is not working, probably because it's not a physical address but a locality

2nd try with a differente one :

- Rue de l’Écureuil, 95000 Cergy

It is the physical address, but still not working

3rd try :

- 1, Rue de l’Écureuil, 95000 Cergy

Success ! So the address must contains a street number

How could be working when it is a locality like a shopping center without any number ?

But apparently manually, it seems OK without the number so why not trough the API ?

Test with an unknown address :
- 1, rue de cerfeuil, 95000 Cergy

Fail ! But that's normal

Test with a complementary address :
- 1, Rue de l’Écureuil, Centre Commercial Les 3 Fontaines, 95000 Cergy

Fail ! Why ? What should I need to do to get a success ?

To conclude, maybe you should allow more easily diffusion through the API, for example when the street number is missing. Indeed, for some localities, there is no street number (shopping center). Shops don't really know the good address, it shouldn't stop them to update their information.

And is it possible the have some details about the error we receive ? Indeed, if it's possible to know when the address is wrong (or any other data), this will help us to know where the mistake come from and then to correct it.

Thanks a lot

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issue with Google My Business API

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Marc D,

According to the Guidelines for representing your business on Google, you should use a precise, accurate address to describe your business location. If your address doesn't have a street number, or you're sure that you've entered the address correctly but the system still can't find it, you can pin your business's location directly on the map by following these steps in the UI.

Your API calls for modifying the shop’s address failed because the system couldn’t geocode the specified address. Similar to the UI, you need to provide the correct latitude and longitude of the location. The Google My Business API supports providing latitude/longitude values in a LatLng object only for creating a new location. Please note that the latlng field is read-only and cannot be updated.

If you have already created the location and you are sending a PATCH request to update the location via the API, please use a fieldMask and confirm that the fieldMask does not include address and latlng for avoiding the geocode error. You can continue to fix this geocode error through the Google My Business UI.

Please read through the address entry guidelines here.

Please also read this article that describes the specific error messages that you may see in your dashboard and what you can do to fix each error and activate your listing.

Thanks,

Terry