For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Issue with Amazon's us-west-2 region?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm able to successfully query an endpoint (using an auth token) from my office and from Amazon's us-east-1 region, but an extremely high percentage of queries from Amazon's us-west-2 region fail with a 504 ("DEADLINE_EXCEEDED" / "Deadline expired before operation could complete.").  I understand that there is a 5 query/sec limit (https://developers.google.com/my-business/content/faq#id-section18) on the API use, but I do not believe that is the cause of our issue.

As mentioned above, we are testing the API from a variety of locations, with consistently different results.  We've tested different VPC's and regions within us-west-2 (therefore different outgoing/public IP's) and none of them work consistently.  Even the ones that should not be generating any API queries with our token.

I don't know where to start troubleshooting, but I'm not keen on failing over our app to us-east-1 just to (attempt to) solve this problem.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issue with Amazon's us-west-2 region?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am also experiencing this error even on simple api request with postman. Is there any way to check the status of the Google My Business API?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've only been able to find this: https://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=status

We're able to use Postman from our office.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Aaron B and @Rio S,

We are still investigating the issue you reported and will follow up with a response shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Aaron B and @Rio S,

The issue with the 504 error ("DEADLINE_EXCEEDED" / "Deadline expired before operation could complete.")  when requesting the API has been fixed. Please report back to us if you find any other issues.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team