My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Is "placeId" of LocationKey same as "location_id"?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi please let me ask sort of stupid question.

Is "placeId" of LocationKey same as "location_id"? As you pointed out in this thread like following, 

4. You can get the list of locations for the specified account by sending a GET request:          

GET https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/account_name/locations

Apparently, it looks return all of location_id. However as far as I've checked, there are no "location id" field in Location object except for "placeId" of "LocationKey". How can I get location_id? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is "placeId" of LocationKey same as "location_id"?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Mitsumasa S,

No, the placeId of LocationKey is not same as "locationId". When you create a location via the Google My Business API, a unique locationId is assigned for a location even if your location is not associated with a place that appears on Google Maps. A placeId for the location is assigned when your location has been verified and is connected to/appears on Google Maps.  If this location is unverified, this field may be populated if the location has been associated with a place that appears on Google Maps. Please note, This placeId can be set during Create calls, but not for Update.

The GET HTTP request that you mentioned in your post will return your account’s location information with locationId. I suggest you follow the Make a simple HTTP request step-by-step guide on the Google Developers site and try use the OAuth 2.0 Playground to step through the Oauth flow. Once you are done with these processes and able to get your account’s location data, you can get the locationId as well. Please note, it will return locationId in this form:

"name": "accounts/1145XXXXXX456XXXX/locations/71235XXXXXX573X"  
Here 71235XXXXXX573X is a locationId.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team

Is "placeId" of LocationKey same as "location_id"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Shalini

First of all, I have to apology for my really snail response due to be late to notice your reply about it. I've tried it and I noticed that I had to submit white list form for using the API. I have submitted it, so please approve the application, it would be great.

And another question or what I want to make it sure is following.

Can Google My Business API manage only location data which are created through the API?

Apparently, I have watched several posts which I thought so. But I don't think the API cannot handle location data which were created thorough UI. So want to make it sure.

best

Re: Is "placeId" of LocationKey same as "location_id"?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Mitsumasa S,

No, the Google My Business API can manage location data created through both the Google My Business UI and the Google My Business API.

We're still reviewing your application for Google My Business API access and will follow up with you after we’ve completed our review of your application.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team