2.3K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Introducing Google My Business API v3.1

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

A few months ago, we released Google My Business API v3.0. Features included in v3.0  enabled developers to build applications that let business owners read and respond to Google reviews, and provide richer business information to Google.

Today, we’ve added several new features to enhance the Google My Business API experience for both developers and end-users. Using the new Google My Business API v3.1, developers can:

• Subscribe and manage push notifications for new customer reviews on Google
  • Provide additional rich business information with URL and Enum attributes (i.e. attributes that can have multiple values)*
  • Get categories supported by Google My Business
  • Get the Google Maps URL for verified locations
  • Get more detailed listing states to identify when locations are published, pending review, or pending verification
  • Identify permanently closed locations that can be reopened vs. those that can’t
  • Determine which locations the user has access to, and which they don’t

*Menu URL, payment methods, and other Enum attributes will be made available in the API over the next few weeks

Full documentation for this release can be found at:

https://developers.google.com/my-business/reference/rest/index

Additionally, we’re extending support of v2 of the API until December 5, 2016; the deprecation schedule can be found here. We still encourage you to migrate to v3 as soon as possible.

Questions or feedback? Contact the API team on the Google My Business API Forum.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API Team

4 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Thanks @Andrew H , any foreseeable timeline on insights data being included in the API?

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks @Andrew H, looking forward to implementing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Congratulations Andrew and Team! It's been incredible to see how quickly you've added new features to the API and we and our customers appreciate all of the hard work over there!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great stuff.. just when we needed it you guys were ready with it.. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is great except for one problem... I am Andrew H, but not the Andrew H who posted this topic. I keep getting alerts about replies to this post.  

Re: Introducing Google My Business API v3.1

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi @Ben Fisher,

Access to Insights for business listings is not currently supported by the Google My Business API and we don’t have a timeline for when this functionality will be included. We’ll keep you updated on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned and thanks for your patience!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Great information and lots to look forward to! Looking forward to implementing all of these new features!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great stuff. Looking forward to implement this feature ASAP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Number one feature requested by clients and development team is access to MyBusiness insights data via API