My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Inconsistent Google Driving Direction Insights API Results and Mybusiness Dashboard

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am getting inconsistent results from Driving Direction Metric Requests. The counts are exactly same as shown on the GMB dashboard for the location but getting different label/regions through apis. I am attaching screenshots of both GMB dashboard and API results for 7 and 30 days data. 

1. 7 days data

GMB dashboard                                                                  API output

API -1.png

Google - 1.png 

2. 30 Days Data

GMB dashboard                                                                  API output

Google - 2.png

API - 2.png   

Please help me out with this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Inconsistent Google Driving Direction Insights API Results and Mybusiness Dashboard

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Rahul A,

We are investigating your issue and will get back to you with a response soon. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,

Shalini, Google My Business API team

Inconsistent Google Driving Direction Insights API Results and Mybusiness Dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Shalini. 

Please keep me informed and let me know if you need any more information. This is really urgent.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Salini, 

It's been 2 weeks. Could you let me know the current status on this ? This is really urgent.

Re: Inconsistent Google Driving Direction Insights API Results and Mybusiness Dashboard

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Rahul A,

We investigated your issue and it’s working as Intended. Please confirm us if is this a continued error with any set of locations?

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini,

Google Mybusiness page shows 4 data points on the heat map but api only returns 2 data points that too 1 of them would be United States or the City name. I rarely get pincode data for location driving directions. Also api doesn't provide any hierarchy amongst the data but google mybusiness page data shows the data in a hierarchy.

Please confirm if this is the acceptable api behaviour.