My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

I've been authorized with OAuth 2.0 by someone who has Google My business account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

He said that my app is listed in his account under the security settings in the connected apps list,

My questions are:

1. Should I be able to access his location data from Google My Business API ? 

2. Should I be able to see his location data in my Google My Business console ?

Here is the screenshot from the user:

gmbsc1.jpg

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I've been authorized with OAuth 2.0 by someone who has Google My business account

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @brainer T,

1. Yes, if you are authorized with OAuth2.0 by the GMB account owner, you should be able access your client’s location data from Google My Business API.

2. You are only able to see locations for the current logged in user.

Thanks,

Shalini, The Google My Business API team

I've been authorized with OAuth 2.0 by someone who has Google My business account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Shalini S

I have another questions:

1. Is there a way to access the user data while the user is logged out ?

2. If the answer of #1 is Yes, do I need to be authorized again from the user, or the current authorization would be suffice ?

Re: I've been authorized with OAuth 2.0 by someone who has Google My business account

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @brainer T,

You need to request user consent at least once for each Google Account you need to access the Google My Business data from. The end users will have to log in with their Google Accounts to manually authorize the application using OAuth 2.0 Authorization. They need to perform this process only once with an OAuth 2.0 client ID during the OAuth 2.0 installed application flow, OAuth 2.0 web server application flow (your other OAuth 2.0 client ID web app).

Thanks,

The Google My Business API Team