My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

How to know a location is verified or not using Google My Business v2 C# client library

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

In order to know the verification status of any location,I can use IsVerified of LocationState object in google-api-services-mybusiness-v3-csharp client library.

But I can not see this boolean field in v2 client library. So, how can I know the verified status of any location in this?

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to know a location is verified or not using Google My Business v2 C# client library

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

According to the Change Log for the Google My Business API, the isVerified boolean field of the LocationState object is only available since v3. I suggest you migrate to the v3 of the C# client library for checking the isVerified boolean field value of the LocationState object in the Location object through the API.

Thanks,

Terry

Re: How to know a location is verified or not using Google My Business v2 C# client library

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Terry,
We are also looking to have the statuses of location through the API. However we can't seem to figure out the link between what the UI show and what the API returns.
In the UI,
We locations that are marked : Access needed and through the API : getIsDuplicate : TRUE
We locations that are marked : Pending Review and through the API : getIsVerified : TRUE
Could you give us more info on what these API status link to in the UI ?
Thanks

ps: we are using V3.
Pierre

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Pierre Alexandre L,

In the UI, the listing status “Access needed” indicates that the location has another verified owner on Google; Each location can only have one verified owner. You have several options to resolve this issue. Learn more about resolving "Access needed"

In the API, analogous to the UI, the isDuplicate boolean field of the LocationState object indicates whether the location is a duplicate of another location. If this isDuplicate boolean field is set to true for a location, you should check the metadata field of the Location object and find out if the ownership field of the Duplicate object in metadata information states that the location that this duplicates is “OWNERSHIP_UNSPECIFIED”, under “SAME” ownership, “DIFFERENT” ownership or “UNKNOWN”. You should fix any ownership conflicts through the UI.

In the UI, the listing status “Pending review” indicates that a location you add or claim already exists on Google Maps. This state can also show up while we review an update to your location. You can check on the location in the dashboard to see if it is “Published” to Maps.

In the API, the isVerified boolean field of the LocationState object indicates whether the location is verified. If your location is verified and has pending edits as indicated by the “Pending review” status in the UI, this isVerified boolean field should still be true for your location.

Thanks,

Terry