AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

How to get the Reviewer Details from ReviewId

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to get reviews for my business by using the Google My Business API  Along with the reviews, the only information which i get in the response is the "Reviewer Name".

shown in below Image...

googlereview.png

How to get the reviewer all information like email, address, photo_Url etc ?

Is there any API which gives us this information or is it possible to get the reviewer details from the Review_Id that is provided in the response of the above mentioned API ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to get the Reviewer Details from ReviewId

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Scout50 D,

No, currently we don’t support any API which provides the reviewer’s all information including email, address, photo_Url. You can only get reviewer’s name using the Reviewer object of review for your location in Google My Business API.

We’ll announce new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini,

Any changes on this matter?
I believe that we need something similar to it. We need to verify whether an user already gave a review or not about a specific location. 
Please, let me know if we can get a list of reviewId to identify who reviewed or not a location.

Thank you,

Eliane

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Eliane N,

You can get a list of reviewId by calling reviews.list method via the Google My Business API and the Reviewer object will provide you the author of the review so that you can identify who reviewed to your location.

Judging from your email address on this board, your company may not have a whitelisted project to access the Google My Business API. So before you use any Google My Business API, you need to have a whitelisted project to access them. I suggest you please check out the Prerequisites page of our documentation website to learn more about requesting access to the Google My Business API.

Hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Shalini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shalini,

Thank you so much for your fast answer!

We are gonna use this services for our third party clients not for our own company and they must have a whitelisted project. We are just wondering if the endPoint reviews.list will give us the email of the reviewer since it is the unique value to differentiate they amount all reviews posted on our clients page.
Could you confirm that or do you have a suggestion to work on this ways?

Thank you,
Eliane

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Eliane N,

The Reviewer object of review end point does currently only provide the name of the reviewer not email address. We’ll announce any changes or new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,

Shalini