My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

How to delete an already published location along with its Google+ page using GMB API

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

I have published a location into google maps and it also has Google+ page created for it. Now I want to delete this location completely from google maps. I tried to do it manually but unfortunately I could not. All i could do was to mark it as 'Permanently Closed' location. I also tried to delete this location using GMB API delete method, but it throwed an error saying that this location already has a Google+ page and therefore can not delete this location. It also recommended to first delete the Google+ page manually.

After deleting the Google+ page I could the location does not exist anymore in my GMB project, but I could still see the location in Google maps.

1. How to permanently delete this location so that it will not be seen on Google Maps?

2. If I delete a Google+ page, will it automatically delete the location in my GMB project. How are they interlinked?

3. How can I automatically delete both Google+ page and it location using GMB API?

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author anumula b
August 2016

Re: How to delete an already published location along with its Google+ page using GMB API

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1. How to permanently delete this location so that it will not be seen on Google Maps?

There is no way to delete a business that was once in Google Maps and was a real business. The best that can be done is to mark it as closed and wait for it to ultimately drop[ from site.  

If it was a business that only serviced on line customers and had no local presence you can call support and have them remove it. But only if it was never a local business.  

2. If I delete a Google+ page, will it automatically delete the location in my GMB project. How are they interlinked?

GMB and G+ use the same, unified verification process. Deleting it effectively unverifies it and removes the G+ page but all that is happening is removing your ability to edit the information that is shown. 

3. How can I automatically delete both Google+ page and it location using GMB API?

There is no way to do this via the API. 

Re: How to delete an already published location along with its Google+ page using GMB API

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

Only non-verified locations can be deleted through the Google My Business API.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team