My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

How to delete an already published location along with its Google+ page using GMB API

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

I have published a location into google maps and it also has Google+ page created for it. Now I want to delete this location completely from google maps. I tried to do it manually but unfortunately I could not. All i could do was to mark it as 'Permanently Closed' location. I also tried to delete this location using GMB API delete method, but it throwed an error saying that this location already has a Google+ page and therefore can not delete this location. It also recommended to first delete the Google+ page manually.

After deleting the Google+ page I could the location does not exist anymore in my GMB project, but I could still see the location in Google maps.

1. How to permanently delete this location so that it will not be seen on Google Maps?

2. If I delete a Google+ page, will it automatically delete the location in my GMB project. How are they interlinked?

3. How can I automatically delete both Google+ page and it location using GMB API?

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author anumula b
August 2016

Re: How to delete an already published location along with its Google+ page using GMB API

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1. How to permanently delete this location so that it will not be seen on Google Maps?

There is no way to delete a business that was once in Google Maps and was a real business. The best that can be done is to mark it as closed and wait for it to ultimately drop[ from site.  

If it was a business that only serviced on line customers and had no local presence you can call support and have them remove it. But only if it was never a local business.  

2. If I delete a Google+ page, will it automatically delete the location in my GMB project. How are they interlinked?

GMB and G+ use the same, unified verification process. Deleting it effectively unverifies it and removes the G+ page but all that is happening is removing your ability to edit the information that is shown. 

3. How can I automatically delete both Google+ page and it location using GMB API?

There is no way to do this via the API. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author anumula b
August 2016

Re: How to delete an already published location along with its Google+ page using GMB API

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There is no way to delete a business that was once in Google Maps and was a real business. The best that can be done is to mark it as closed and wait for it to ultimately drop[ from site.  

If it was a business that only serviced on line customers and had no local presence you can call support and have them remove it. But only if it was never a local business.  

GMB and G+ use the same, unified verification process. Deleting it effectively unverifies it and removes the G+ page but all that is happening is removing your ability to edit the information that is shown. 

There is no way to do this via the API. 

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

Only non-verified locations can be deleted through the Google My Business API.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team