AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

How to create a project and its client ID in developers console for already existing GMB Project

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

We have an already existing GMB Business account where we manage locations manually. Now, we would like to manage locations automatically for the same account.

Based on the reference documents, first, I need to create a project in Developer's console and create client ID for it, then request for GMB access for that project.

In my case, I already have a GMB account, but I do not have any projects created for in Google Developer's console.

Now, How can I create a project and client ID for an already existing GMB account. As you are aware client ID and client secret key are mandatory to access GMB API. How can I get these credentials for an existing GMB account which does not have any relative project in developers console.

Below are the details for additional information:

Email ID: < Text has been removed to protect private information >

Kindly let me know if you need any other details

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to create a project and its client ID in developers console for already existing GMB Project

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

The project ID you develop your application under does not need to be under the same Google Account as your Google My Business location data is located. Any project can access any authorized Google My Business Account. Just make sure you are authorizing the account with your location data when performing OAuth 2.0 Authentication with the API.

Follow the steps in our Prerequisites and Getting Started guides. When you reach the OAuth step (step 8) of the Getting Started guide, the account you are logged into to request a token is the one that the API will retrieve location data for.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team