Guide Me
star_border

How to change Account status for a Business Account

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

My new business accounts are getting created with default account status as 'Verified'. But for one business account, I would like to change its status to 'Un-Verified'. Kindly explain me the process of changing account status using either GMB API or GMB UI.

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to change Account status for a Business Account

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

Once an account is set up for bulk verification, then you cannot change the account status using Google My Business API or Google My Business UI. Any unverified locations will need to be created in a different google account.

Thanks,

Shalini

How to change Account status for a Business Account

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Shalini S,

I am a bit confused here. Please clarify the below points:

1. How to create an un-verified business account in GMB UI/API? Any new business account that I create in GMB is a verified business account.

2. As you mentioned 'Any unverified locations will need to be created in a different google account.' - are you referring to different GMB account or different bussines account in GMB?

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath

Re: How to change Account status for a Business Account

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

1. Since your account is already bulk verified, any new locations or business accounts you create under this account will be automatically verified. Please learn more from the Bulk location management overview. You should create a separate Google Account for creating unverified locations and business accounts, and add your bulk verified account as a manager to your unverified business account for it to show on the dashboard of your bulk verified account. You can add managers for business accounts via the API. Please note the access level for the owners and managers of business accounts.

2. We are referring to a different Google Account, and not business account.

Thanks,

Terry