My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

How to add social media links for specific store locations to Google Profile via My Business V3 API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have over 100 stores, is there a way to update each stores' social media links via the MyBusiness API ?

Here is an example of what we are looking for: https://9clouds.com/blog/4-steps-add-social-media-links-google-results/

However, we would like to update this information via the MyBusiness API or some other API. Is this possible? If so, how ?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to add social media links for specific store locations to Google Profile via My Business V3 API

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I do not believe the knowledge panel box is active or customizable on a location by location basis, only at brand level. You can update a host of data fields about your business via API or via 3rd parties already plugged in. Best practice: send GMB as much data about your locations as you can!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author City G
March

Re: How to add social media links for specific store locations to Google Profile via My Business V3

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @City G,

Unfortunately, it’s currently not possible to update each stores' social media links via the MyBusiness API because it’s not a supported operation in API as summarized in the Google My Business API Reference document.

We’ll announce new features of the Google My Business API when they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,

Shalini