AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

How to add detailed error response header for create request in C# client library V2

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

Based on the reference to enable detailed error responses, I am trying to add this additional header.

I am using C# client library V2 in which I would like to include the additional below header ;

X-GOOG-API-FORMAT-VERSION: 2

below is the line of code where a new location gets created:

Location myNewDetails = GMBService.Accounts.Locations.Create(myCreateLocationRequest, myBusinessAcctName).Execute();

In this, I could not find any scope to include the header. Can you kindly help me in adding this header.

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to add detailed error response header for create request in C# client library V2

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @anumula b,

I’ve already answered your question in this thread that the display of error details by adding an additional header is not currently supported by the C# client library. We’ll announce new functionalities of the Google My Business API as they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. For the time being, please follow the Make a simple HTTP request step-by-step guide on the Google Developers site to learn how to use the OAuth 2.0 Playground for troubleshooting errors with detailed error messages when sending requests with data via the Google My Business API.

In addition, we strongly recommend you migrate to v3 of the Google My Business API as soon as feasible to help prevent any interruptions in service since v2 of the API will be deprecated on Oct 5th 2016.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

How to add detailed error response header for create request in C# client library V2

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Terry W Is it supported in the latest versions of C# library now? Looks like its still missing the all important detailed error response header.

Re: How to add detailed error response header for create request in C# client library V2

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Ali B,

No, displaying detailed error messages is not currently support by the C# client library.

We’ll announce new functionalities of the Google My Business API as they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Shalini S, Is there a timeline of when this will be added in the C# library? The version 4.1 is out but I don't think its been added! Debugging issues on production as well as while development is really hard if not impossible without the detailed error! 

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Ali B,

Unfortunately, we don’t have a timeline for when this functionality will be included. We’ll announce new functionalities of the API as they become available on both this board and the Google Developers site. For the time being, please continue to use the OAuth 2.0 Playground for troubleshooting errors with detailed error messages when sending requests with data via the Google My Business API.

Thanks,