My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

How do I create test content so that I can test syncing reviews & replying from my app?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There doesn't seem to be the ability to create Google test accounts/users a la Facebook test accounts, am I missing it?

I have an integration with the GMB API that will allow my users to see and reply to reviews that are left for them. I need to test this integration by creating content, leaving a review, insuring it shows up in my app, replying, etc. I don't know the recommended to do this. Surely it isn't against a live/production verified location, is it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I create test content so that I can test syncing reviews & replying from my app?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Ryan F,

No, currently we don't provide any testing environment for the Google My Business API. We suggest you, please perform any testing with unverified locations in your whitelisted project.

In addition, according to the guidelines for representing your business on Google, it is always recommended to use accurate and precise values when creating/updating business listing using Google My Business API.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team