AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

How can I get a direct link to a location review?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.  I am loading reviews through the v3 api using a call like this:

$biz = new Google_Service_Mybusiness($client);

$location_name = "accounts/XXXXXX/locations/YYYYYY";

$reviews = $biz->accounts_locations_reviews->listAccountsLocationsReviews($location_name)->getReviews();

I get back an array of Review objects, like the docs say, but when I try to link back to a review I can't because the URL is not provided in the response.

So far, the best I've been able to do so far is link to the "Reviews" tab for the plus page: like so: 

https://business.google.com/b/ZZZZZZZ/reviews/

Where ZZZZZZZ is the PlusPageId of the location (if available).

I'd really like to be able to link back the review itself so that my customer can type a reply.  But that link uses an integer ID that I don't seem to have access to:

https://business.google.com/b/ZZZZZZZ/reviews/r/YYYYYYY

Where YYYYYYY would seem to be the ReviewId.

But, the ReviewId I get back in the response to getReviews() is an encrypted string. I need the integer ID.

Does anyone know how I can either (a) get the permalink to a specific review, or (b) get the ReviewId as the integer ID instead of an encrypted string?

Thanks in advance,

DW

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I get a direct link to a location review?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @David W,

The reviewId of the Review object is the encrypted unique identifier for a specific review. You cannot derive a URL to read and reply to a specific review in the Google My Business UI from the reviewId. I suggest you create you custom UI and send a POST request to create or update a reply to the specified review with its reviewId. Please note that the operation to reply to a location review is only valid if the specified location is verified.

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is this still like this?

Isn't it possible to get the link that google my business uses to reply?

Those links are like this:

https://business.google.com/b/<number>/reviews/l/<number>/r/<string>

Thank you!.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Terry,

The functionality to "share" a review exists which creates a clickable link so is it possible to generate a sharable link through the API? 

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @David,

Ability to link to a specific review is not available at this point of time. Please stay tuned to our Geo Developers blog for the latest updates.

Best Regards,

The Google My Business team