My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Google reverting patched location attributes (within hours)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It appears we are fighting a losing battle with Google Updates. We are explicitly setting attribute values via the API only to find within hours Google are flagging them to be reverted. How can we stop Google being so aggressive it making it's own decisions on what attributes should be assigned to a store.

GMB.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have the same issue for multiple clients. Many of which have 200+ locations. Why is Google randomly assigning attributes/amenities to locations and where are you obtaining this info? We spoke to Google Support about getting a list and they dont have one? I dont understand how that possible. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think the way GMB updates the attributes by using crowd sourced data. I could be wrong. I think this can be done through Google contributions in maps beta version.  Google is going to finish the launch soon and let the users handle attributes. Hopefully the final launch will stop this overriding. Similar thing happened to all of our locations.

Re: Google reverting patched location attributes (within hours)

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @David L,

Like most fields, Google uses information from a variety of sources—including user reports and licensed content—to make sure that locations attribute information stays as accurate as possible. That being said, we understand that getting Google Updates values as frequently as you are is not ideal. We'll work on our side to see if we can make your acceptance/rejection of some of these values a little more sticky.

In the meantime, continuing to update the fields through the API on a regular cadence is will be the best way to handle these.