AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Google maps API: updates to travel time

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

could you please help me with the following?:

My company (dutch online supermarket) uses Google Maps API for its website. with the API we are able to calculate the travel time for our transport from store to customer. we have an algoritm with a certain range that uses this information to indicate if a customer can have home delivery or not. what we experience is that travel times change and with change it can be that a customer that could have home delivery cannot anymore. this is strange for the customer. what we are trying to understand is how often Google is updating traveltime information (that is used by the Google MAPS API) and how we can anticipate on this

thanks, Jurgen van Riel, the Netherlands

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google maps API: updates to travel time

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Jurgen v,

This is a support forum for the Google My Business API and not other Google products. Please read through the community guidelines before posting any messages to this board. Any questions that you may have for the Google Maps APIs should be directed to their Community Support page.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team