For developers who are using the Google My Business API to manage locations
Guide Me
star_border

Google Places Reviews - No Places ID

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all. I am pretty rookie when it comes to this stuff but I have spent hours on solving this issue and am coming up short so I am hoping somebody on here can help!

I run a cleaning business, Maid to Clean (www.MaidtoClean.com.au).

I am currently trying to install the Google Places Reviews plugin as we have heaps of good reviews. I have installed the plugin okay and managed to sort out the API. However, Google can not find my business when I search the for Places ID.

As I understand it, the requirements to get a Places ID are:

Your business must be verified -- We are verified
Your business must have a physical address associated with your G+ profile -- We do (202 Blyth Street, Brunswick East, Melbourne)
You must be serving customers from your verified business address. -- I went in and made sure of this recently too.

Yet when I go here:https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/places-autocomplete

I still can not find my business (Maid to Clean, Brunswick East, Melbourne).

Does anyone have any clue what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Places Reviews - No Places ID

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Ed C,

The LocationKey object in a Location object has a placeId field that contains the place ID for a location if this location has been verified and is connected to Google Maps. You can use this placeId field value in various Places APIs. Please note that the placeId field may not be present for unverified locations.

To get a list of place IDs for the business locations you manage in Google My Business, you can send a GET request via the Google My Business API to list all the locations for a specified account and check if this placeId field value exists for each location.

If you have more questions related to the Google Places API, please find support on the Google Places API Community and Support page.

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Terry,

Thank you for the response. I am reading through the page you linked to
(the GET request) however I do not understand how to use this page to help
solve this problem.

If my location is unverified, is there a process of having it verified?

My business on Google+ is verified and has a business address.

Cheers and sorry for my naivety!

Ed

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Ed C,

For the GET request that lists the locations for the specified account to work, you need to have business locations in Google My Business as well as access to the Google My Business API. You can verify your business information in Google My Business so that updates you make to your local business—such as contact details, description, photos, business hours—are eligible to appear across Google, including on Maps, Search and Google+. Your verified Google+ local business page should have features that allow customers to connect easily with that business’s physical location.

The Google My Business API is designed for developers who represent large, tech-savvy businesses and third parties. For more information about getting access to and using the Google My Business API, please check out the Prerequisites page of our documentation website.

Thanks,

Terry